Tire recycling ideas crafty ways to reuse old tires. After changing their car tires, they are often stored in the garage or backyard with the promise of throwing them out later. But, why indeed clutter up space or get rid of useful material that could easily transform into an impressive piece of furniture or decorative accent?
If you are a fan of DIY projects and like giving a second life to used items, today we present you with several easy, original, and economical ideas for fantastic tire recycling. In the following lines, we show you how to reuse old tires to bring a note of originality to your interior or exterior.
What to do with tires
As with most salvage materials, the list of tire recycling ideas is quite extensive. In general, you can experiment with different DIY projects to enhance your outdoor decoration: flower well, game or swing, a planter in the shape of a teacup or hanging, garden furniture, garden sculpture in the shape of an animal, and funny … But, there are still quite a few alternatives to change the mood in the interior: table, ottoman or ottoman, chair and armchair, bed for your pet, candlestick, basket or storage self, and others.
On the other hand, it should note that it is better to avoid planting edible species in old tires because, according to research, these will slowly leach toxic products into the environment. Still, all other applications are possible, especially if they are covers, such as rope or fabric lotus flower drawing.
How to make an ottoman out of a used tire and rope?
In recent years, natural materials and colors have reign supreme in interior decoration. That’s why, if you want to add a trendy touch to the garden or living room, one of the coolest ways would be through a DIY ottoman made with used tires and rope.
- Sisal cord (quantity required varies depending on tire size)
- Nylon rope
- Hot glue gun
- Sealer and brush (optional)
- Start by cleaning the tire thoroughly with a sponge and soapy water.
- Wrap the nylon cord around the tire so that the cord crisscrosses in all directions and a nice taut blanket forms on the open sides of the tire. Tie the rope to hold it in place.
- Start wrapping the sisal rope around the tire and use hot glue as you go to secure it.
- Continue to wrap in circles on the base of the nylon cord. When you reach the center of the top of the tire, cut off the excess cord and glue the end in place.
- If you plan to use the ottoman outdoors, it is advisable to apply a coat of sealant.
- Tire recycling idea for the garden: make a stool with recycled object
- Plank of wood
- Acrylic paint
- Tape measure
- Begin by including the breadth of the tire.
- Draw a circle on the wooden board (with the same diameter as that of the tire). To help you, you can use rope: put the rope in the center of the board and start making a circle by moving the rope and marking points on the board.
- Once the circle is drawn, cut out the shape using the saw. Sand the wood with the sandpaper.
- Paint the tire in any color you want. Leave to dry well.
- Place the wooden board as the tire cover.
- Put a cushion on top, and that’s it!
Bring a note of originality to its exterior with a DIY recycled tire planter
One of the most ingenious ways to reuse old tires is to turn them into original planters. For this, you only have to decide whether you want a hanging, wall, or floor planter. Sometimes we opt for a combination of the three variants. Then we start to refresh the old tires with a coat of paint. Finally, if you want to hang your planters, you will need a bit of rope. For soil planters: place the tire on the chosen surface, fill it with soil, and finally add your favorite plants.
Read More Related Article: